RATES - $1.00 per minute of service
(30 Minutes - $30, 45 Minutes - $45, 60 Minutes - $60, 75 Minutes - $75, 90 Minutes - $90, 120 Minutes - $120)
My rates are the same regardless of the service I am providing or the technique.
I have received training for and offer the following styles and techniques of massage therapy and bodywork;
- Swedish Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) National Certification, Klose Training (See below)
- Spontaneous Muscle Release Technique (SMRT)
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Pediatric Massage Techniques (CPMT) Certification by Liddle Kidz Foundation
- Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Massage, Klose Training (Specialized techniques to restore range of motion, soften and increase mobility of surgical scar and irradiated tissue post mastectomy and/or reconstruction)
- Scar Massage - Post surgical or injury to help increase range of motion and flexibility
- Deep Release - a bodywork style with the client fully clothed in loose fitting garments. Combines elements of Trager Approach and Thai style compressions and stretching.
- Carpal Tunnel Release Technique
- PreNatal Massage
- Nurturing Touch - a gentle technique for the medically fragile or elderly client
- Hospice Care
- Oncology Massage (Please see below and my Oncology Massage page)
I practice a true, Integrative style of massage. What does that mean? My clients simply book the amount of time they have available for a session. Once they arrive we talk to determine the reason for the visit and then we will plan the session together. This way I am not limited in the approach I take to address their concerns. Whether the session is for relaxation and stress relief or to target a specific problem, I give 110% to accomplishing their goal. A session may include hot or cold stones, essential oils, classic Swedish strokes, deep tissue techniques, Trager work, Shiatsu, assisted stretching, SMRT, MLD, CORE work or nurturing touch.
My work can be applied with a client fully clothed or disrobed to their comfort level. I believe great massage and bodywork is grounded in trust and I strive to practice great work. If you are a new client you are welcome to stop by and visit before booking a session.
Oncology Massage - Preferred Provider as recognized by the Society for Oncology Massage
Oncology massage is highly specialized and should only be performed by a therapist with advanced training. (My training was under Tracy Walton. See www.tracywalton.com for details.) Oncology sessions begin with a interview so I understand your treatment plan and current health status. The actual massage session time varies depending upon the vitality of the client. In general, oncology massage is non-circulatory and light pressure (in some case, no pressure). Great attention is given to making the client comfortable on the table using pillows and bolsters. I am always conservative the first session until I see how you respond to massage. Patients of CARTI may receive 2 hours of oncology massage care at no cost. Most clients are able to have 4, thirty minute sessions to help relieve pain, fatigue, anxiety, depression and nausea.
Lymphatic Massage (Manual Lymphatic Massage - MLD)
MLD is a specialized form of massage designed to increase the movement of lymph and interstital fluid thereby reducing edema in the extremities and jump-starting the immunity system. MLD is gentle and rythymic. In addition to improving and increasing the lymphatic flow it has a soothing and analgesic effect (reduces pain).
MLD is indicated for treating clients who have lost lymph nodes due to injury and illness such as cancer as well as;
- Swelling/edema from sprains
- Post-surgical swelling (dental may be performed same day)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- CRPS - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Migraine and Sinus Headaches
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease